In January 1832, Stephen A. Knaap purchased the land, formerly known as “The Hickories”. The land consisted of seven barns and two tenant houses. In 1849, Samuel R. Howes purchased the land in which his son, Arthur C. Howes later inherited. The original land contained twenty-one acres of apples; including, Maiden Blush, Kings, Baldwins, Greenings and the Twenty Ounce. The rest of the farm was utilized for growth of hay, corn, wheat, oats, potatoes, cabbage and other fruits. While Howes owned the property, tenant buildings were considered “high-class” consisting of a modern frame, lighted by gas and heated by hot water and hot air.In 1879, the land was inherited by William Carr’s first wife, Myrtie Carr.
The Carr family built the home, formerly known as “The White Pillars” and used the farm land for dairy cows. The home was an Italianate style home, with the pillars being added in 1914. In 1944 Myrtie Carr unexpectedly passed away. As a widower, William then meets his second wife Patricia who was significantly younger than him. Patricia moved to New York City at the age of 16 and was a showgirl for years. She then moved to Orleans County with William, they married and she learned to be a farmer’s wife. Patricia kept a journal of her experiences at the home. Survived by her step-grandchild Nicki Carr Tiffany, the book The Long-Legged View was published. Within the novel, Patricia mentions a photo of a purple peacock on the wall, during Kerri and Cole’s restoration of the home, a purple peacock was added to the wall as a reference to the memoir. After the death of William Carr, the home was turned into apartments where many lived, throughout the 1960’s and onward.
In 2010 Scott Root and Tony McMurtie purchased the home and began restoring it into its original figure, upon purchasing the home, the space was completely abandoned. The ballroom was established in 2010, inspired by The Titanic. Each year, the previous owners held a Titanic Ball as well as weekly Friday night dinners. Rumours surrounding a haunting within the home circulated throughout the county. Eventually, Ghost Hunters arrived at the property and produced an episode. Later, the spooky allegations were debunked. In 2020, Kerri and Cole Glover and Michael Bolster purchased the space which is now Maison Albion. The home has been reinvented into a French Victorian inspired home. The Glovers have restored the home and turned it into a four bedroom bed and breakfast as well as an event venue.